Monday, December 28, 2015

Last Makeup Haul of 2015! | M.A.C, Too Faced, Sephora


Hello!
So... I did some spending. For Christmas my family sort of refused to buy me more makeup because they believe it's not something special for the occasion. Thing is, what I really really wanted was... makeup. I have a problem, I know! But it's the end of the year and with my parent's permission, I went just a little bit wild in a couple of stores. This was also my first ever visit to M.A.C. since there isn't one where I live! The second I entered the makeup floor I just... my heart (and wallet) started to weep, because I was in heaven. This is the result, and I'm quite happy with my purchases since I had been keeping an eye on them for quite a while.





First of all we have this Pigment in the shade Copper Sparkle. It is described in the M.A.C. website as "A concentrated loose colour powder used for a wash of colour or a more intense look.". It retails for 24.50€ which is... a lot for a freaking glass of glitter, but alas, I've been wanting it so badly for so long and with New Year's Eve approaching I compromised. I'm a huge sucker for these types of shades, and it applies so smoothly and it is, well, so pigmented, that I fell in love almost at first sight. A bit does go a long way, which is a sign that this will last me a really long time!























Obviously, I couldn't go to M.A.C. and leave without their oh-so-famous lipsticks! My lipstick collection has been growing and growing lately, but I find that I always tend to go with variations of the same bordeauxs or brown-ish reds, so I entered the store with the mentality that those were forbidden shades. I swatched the famous matte lipsticks but ended up going with 1 Satin in the shade Captive, which is a lovely pinkish plum; and 2 Frosts in shades High Strung, which is a deep pink silver, and Ramblin' Rose which has a pinky-coral rose tone to it. In my opinion, although matte lipsticks were such a fad in 2015, it's becoming boring, predictable. Literally every instagram model is wearing them, and me with my textured lips never got along with how drying they felt. It was always a hit or miss when it came to mattes, so I'm starting to go with satin and other lipsticks with more sheen and glitter so that my collection becomes a little bit more colourful and diverse. They all retail for 19.50€ which is a fair price, since they apply so smoothly and have an addicting scent to them, like vanilla. The packaging is so sleek and lovely, I had never seen one up close, and noticed that the case is black but there's some sort of a really subtle glitter in them. Heck, even the boxes and the bag they came in were very sleek. Needless to say, I was very very pleased (my wallet wasn't, though) with my first ever trip to M.A.C.






















Then I entered Sephora and whomever knows me well knows that when I enter Sephora I turn into a mess. Ya'll remember that girl from Confessions of a Shopaholic? That inner diologue over a freaking scarf? That's me with every single thing in Sephora. But this lipstick. I'm telling you, this lipstick. Is. Everything. I was praying that the shop was bigger/more diverse than the one in my city because I love Too Faced but there are not enough products by them in the ones in my city, which saddens me a lot, since they're one of my favourite brands. Honestly, just look 'em up, they have the most gorgeous packaging ever. I'm one happy owner of their famous Chocolate Bar, and I had heard many people raving about their Melted Lipsticks, and when Jackie Aina (I love her to death and trust her with my everything, honestly) mentioned how much she loved them, I was headed for the Melted Fig one.





















The shade is very similar to the M.A.C. one I bought, although it looks a bit more pink on the lips, and has a bit more sheen. They're described as vegan friendly, which is always awesome, it's stated that it provides high impact, super rich, saturated pigment in a long-wear formula, without loosing its pigment or shine while keeping a comfortable, flexible and cushiony wear. I've yet to test the long-wear claim, but oh my god, everything they state is so so true. It's sooo incredibly smooth and comfortable on the lips, and the colour and smell has me drooling! It was 20.90€, which was expensive, obviously, but for packaging and the uniqueness of the applicator, I think I can overlook it. It has a nice scent to it also, and I can already feel that I'm going to be wearing this a lot!





















And last but not least, the Sephora Brow Thickener. I had a brow pencil but I found that it actually ripped lots of hair leaving my eyebrow with some patches, when I actually want to grow them out. My grandma has this and I tried it out and I quite liked how effortless the application was and how natural looking my brows looked in the end, so for the sake of having them on fleek, for 10.90€ I didn't mind giving this a go.
And that's it folks! I had a budget for the day, which I sort of surpassed by a couple of bucks, but I'm so happy with everything I got, and I see it as... let's say an investment?


Have you tried any of these products? What Are some of your favourite products or products you'd like to try by these brands?

● Inês ●

No comments:

Post a Comment