Saturday, October 17, 2015

3 Random Inspiring Things


Hello!
Today I decided to share just a couple of things that make me feel warm and happy inside, and that cheer me up and make me move again when I'm going through some sort of slump. Do you have anything like this? A song, a place, a famous person, or even just a person from your family?


1.




Italy, in particular Firenze, will always have a very special place in my heart. I simply cannot begging to describe how breathtaking everything there is, how beautiful the colours are, how I rejoyce hearing real italian people speaking italian (and yes! I most definitely aspire to be at least a little fluent in it!). One of my aspirations is to study there for some months, to live la dolce vita for a while.



2.

Start taking up space. Force people to walk around you rather than stepping to the side. Make the other person look away first. Stop laughing at jokes that aren’t funny. Make “No,” into your favorite word. When you say the word “no,” do not explain yourself. When you disagree with a person, do not argue with them. Take action so that your opinions become law, rather than theirs. Reject orders that you do not like. This results in consequences. Consequences make you self-reliant. Self-reliance breeds power. Staying in line makes you dependent on an authority figure and that authority figure got there through defiance. People don’t follow followers. - (x)

As you scroll through the internet, it's obvious that you'll find some *~inspiring quotes~*, you know, as you do, and I found this one the other day and it actually wasn't that cheesy like the ones your aunts post on facebook (or those sick, bitter, inderects. ah! take that, Sharon! that's what you get for not complimenting my stews!) . Honestly, it made think for a while. Start taking up space. That's something I never really did, and felt guilty for being the center of attentions, for raising my hand in class, for wearing colourful things, for sticking out even if just one bit. Start taking up space. I will, I'm learning to do that more and more, stepping out of my comfort zone, in small baby steps.



                                                                                     
3.
















Beyoncé, Lily Singh, Gina Rodriguez, Diane Ferrero, Amandla Stenberg, Malala Yousafzai, Halsey, Lindsay Morgan, Nicky Minaj, Kimiko Glenn, Lupita Nyong'o, Janelle Monaé & Tina Desai. (x)






Ladies don't get enough recognition. Be it in a classroom environment, in the workplace, in the media, in science fields, in the military, sports, or just in any other male dominated space (which is basically... every.. single... space). You know who receives even less recognition? Women of colour. There so many incredibly talented and inspiring ladies out there, sharing their stories through music, giving speeches, acting, and it bafles me how people still find ways to invalidate their struggles or brush their talent off, just because of how they look, how they dress, of their accent. Say anything and it's probably an argument used against them. Well, I got a loooot of love for my fellow WoC, and here are some of my personal faves. Who runs the world?


● Inês ●

No comments:

Post a Comment