Friday, May 13, 2016

Tony Moly Product Review



Hello!

I've been obsessed with korean beauty products lately and just really trying to learn a bit about everything, the brands, the ingredients, the results they have, so as soon as I stepped into Sephora and saw that big shelf saying Tony Moly, I knew I would be dropping a few bucks that day. If you have any knowledge at all about the korean beauty industry you'll know that this is one of the biggest brands in the game, especially known for the extremely cute packaging. At the time, the ladies at Sephora were putting up the first stock of products so they didn't have as many things as they'll have in a couple of weeks, but I'm impatient and had to get anything as soon as I laid eyes on them. And thus I ended up leaving with only two products although I keep checking on my local Sephora to see if there's anything new (I really want to try some of their HydroGel Masks!). 





The first thing on that Tony Moly stand were eggs. Yeah, eggs! Or rather, facial masks with this cutesy packaging. I was intrigued, and chose this one from the Egg Pore line. This mask in particular focuses on pores and blackheads, although the others focus on pores too, they're more suited for people with larger pores, which I don't really have. 
So, getting into the product itself, when you screw the top you have this little container with an orange lid to mimic the inside of an egg. The smell is absolutely gorgeous, it almost makes me want to eat it. It's sort of citric-y without being overbearing, which I appreciate. The consistency is not that thick, it's more like jello, and it has little yellow-y beads that are meant to exfoliate. The first time I tried it, it worked wonders, I kid you not! You're supposed to put a layer of the product on your problem areas which for me is on the nose basically, and rub it gently into your skin for 2-3 minutes until the product turns into a more opaque white colour, and then simply wash it off with lukewarm water. The day after I used this I was constantly reaching for my boyfriend's hands so he could feel how soft my nose felt, because this thing unclogged all of the nastiness that may have been hidden. If you have concerns regarding large pores or blackheads, this line will work wonders for you, and it is fairly cheap (8 to 10 euros if I remember correctly) for the amount of product and the wonders it works!



 And next we have this. Isn't this. The cutest. Eye cream. Ever? I have been on a long search for a good eye cream for a while now, and I know I'm young but since I wear makeup a lot (now less than I used to because honestly I prefer to sleep in the morning rather than waking up half an hour early to beat my face), and eye makeup too, so I tend to tug at my eye area more than what a person would normally, and my eyes tend to look a bit puffy in the morning so I was searching for something that would help. For someone as young as me, it's a tricky task. There are tons of eye creams out there but 1.) they're super pricey, 2.) they're targeted towards more mature skin, and even if it doesn't say they're for older people, if you're young and use some of them, they may actually cause premature wrinkles since you're packing your skin with stuff that isn't needed. And then Panda's Dream came to the rescue, because honestly pandas look cute with their dark circles, but I don't!
The packaging is obviously a panda, and when you pop the top off, it has a protecting lid which I really really value because then I know the product won't be affected by the environment and won't get in touch with unwanted stuff. You then have to screw the blue stick out and it has a really light fruity scent to it and when it comes in contact with your skin it feels immediately refreshing and cooling so it's perfect to wake you up in the morning, and it also feels like it's hydrating the very thin skin around the eye without feeling greasy or too thick like those old people eye creams sometimes feel like. It cost me around 11 euros which is a fair price for the product if you ask me! As soon as I incorporated the product into my skincare regime, I noticed that my eyes have been looking less puffy and brighter which was what I was looking for!

All in all I must say I'm in love with these two products and am really looking forward to trying more from this brand. They also have the cutest lip balms and hand creams which are always a handy thing to have around in case you're not interested in anything to add to your skincare routine!


● Inês ●

No comments:

Post a Comment