Thursday, February 18, 2016

Let's get Naked! - Naked3 Review



Hello!

I finally did it! I am so excited that I finally got the courage to splurge on a palette that everyone raves about in the beauty community, and that I actually have wanted for months and months! I honestly just never got the guts to pick it up because of its price. I think that by now we're all pretty acquainted with the Urban Decay Naked Palettes, aren't we? There are currently 4 that have been launched, and I was sort of torn between this one and the Smoky palette. Honestly? My thoughts just kept flying to this one whenever I wondered which one I'd get. The first and the second one just never had that much appeal to me? I've been going to that weird Spring phase when you just feel like wearing pink all the time, and better V-day present to myself other than the Naked3? Right? Right!






First of all, the packaging had me drooling. Rose gold is my colour, and I love that it is its theme. The box it came in has very pretty details in golden, and it has a pale pink colour all over it. I also adore the sides of it, since they sort of come out a little? This sounds weird, but I love to touch them and feel the texture. The back of the box just talks a bit about the shadows, shows them, and their names, and talks about the different finishes they have. The whole design of the box is very pleasing. The first thing that popped up to me, was a little leaflet about the Urban Decay primers that I have heard about so much. Obviously, they try to tell you that your eye makeup will work better with them and all that and I was like "Hm yeah sure, I just bought a 50 euro palette, no way I'm buying a 30 euro eye primer!" and I was pretty shocked that it actually had 4 different samples of UD primers?! I had never seen an unboxing, I honestly just thought we got that product and that was it! I tried them as soon as I could and... maybe I am going to eventually splurge on them too, since they work so well.




The palette itself feels plastic-y and metallic-y. Sometimes when I'm opening it I'm scared that something inside will move or come out, and break. I do appreciate that it clicks when it closes just so I can breathe again like "Ahh, everything is safe". Maybe that's my broke-ass being paranoid because I have never had a high-end product like this and I want to cherish it! But let's take a look of the inside!






This palette has 12 shades that go from a very shimmery white/rosy colour, to a dark shade with red reflects. Some are more powdery and others are softer, but overall, the quality is amazing. It also comes with your typical dual ended brush for applying and blending the shadows, it's great for when you're in a hurry, and the fact that it has a mirror is also a plus. About the shadows themselves, these are all shades that you could use on an everyday basis, I might be speaking for myself just because these are just up my alley, but I honestly can't see how someone would not like them. They suit pale, medium and dark tones so so well, and are perfect for this season. It was launched quite a while now, so maybe it's old news to you, but if you don't have it yet, and you want to grow your makeup collection, this one is definitely a must have! It's well worth the splurge in my opinion. It swatches beautifully, just with one swipe look at how beautiful it comes up! I had swatched it already in Sephora, but I was even more happy about seeing it with better lighting than in the store. 














Verdict: the Naked3 definitely lives up to its fame. The shades are gorgeous, the colour pay-off is amazing, they blend like a dream, you definitely get your money's worth. It costs about 50 euros in the portuguese Sephora, and if you feel iffy about spending so much maybe ask it as a birthday or Christmas present! I'll definitely be buying (or saving up to buy!) more UD products, maybe the eye primers or something from their Gwen Stefani colab? So much to choose from! Have you ever tried UD products? Do you own any of the Naked palettes or wish you owned?

● Inês ●

No comments:

Post a Comment